Here are some steps to fix the PlayStation error WC-36547-5:
- Confirm your registered credit cards: Go to the PlayStation Store and navigate to Payment Methods.
Re-enter your credit card information and confirm that it is up to date.
- Add a new payment method: If your credit card has expired or is no longer valid add a new payment method using an internet browser.
Go to Wallet add a debit/credit card delete the expired card and add a new credit card.
- Eliminate double cards: If you have multiple credit cards registered delete the duplicate cards.
- Verify the acceptability of payment methods: Make sure that your payment method is acceptable by the PlayStation Store.
Some payment methods may not be accepted in certain regions.
- Verify local network connection: Check your internet connection and make sure that it is stable.
A weak or unstable connection can cause errors when trying to access the PlayStation Store.
By following these steps you should be able to resolve the PS4 error WC-36547-5.
What Are The Common Reasons For Credit Card Registration Issues On The PlayStation Store That Lead To The WC-36547-5 Error?
Common reasons for credit card registration issues on the PlayStation Store that lead to the WC-36547-5 error include:
- Credit card already associated with the account: This is the most common reason for the error.
If the credit card you are trying to register is already associated with your account you will need to confirm your registered credit cards in the Payment Methods section of the PlayStation Store.
- Incorrect credit card information: If you have entered incorrect information for the credit card such as the wrong card number or expiration date you may encounter the error.
- Renewed credit card: If you have renewed your credit card the new card may not have been updated on your PSN account causing the error.
To resolve the issue you can try confirming your registered credit cards in the Payment Methods section of the PlayStation Store checking that you have entered the correct information for the credit card or updating your credit card information if you have recently renewed your card.
Could You Provide More Details About The Types Of Payment Methods That Might Not Be Accepted In Certain Regions Of The PlayStation Store Causing The WC-36547-5 Error?
Certain payment methods may not be accepted in certain regions of the PlayStation Store leading to the WC-36547-5 error.
The accepted payment methods on the PlayStation Store vary depending on the region.
Here are some details about the payment methods accepted on the PlayStation Store:
Accepted payment methods on the PlayStation Store:
- American Express
It’s important to note that these payment methods may vary depending on the region.
If your payment method is not compatible with your PlayStation Store country/region you may need to use an alternative payment method or purchase wallet vouchers to make purchases.
If you encounter issues with adding a credit or debit card as your payment method it could be due to various reasons.
Sometimes it may be an issue with the bank rather than with PlayStation itself.
In such cases contacting the bank to unblock the card from PlayStation services may be necessary.
Additionally, there are alternative solutions to adding funds to your PlayStation wallet when your credit or debit card is not accepted.
One option is to use SEAGM a platform that allows you to purchase PlayStation Wallet funds.
Can You Explain How To Check For A Stable Internet Connection On A PS4 And What Specific Network-Related Issues Might Trigger The WC-36547-5 Error Despite Having An Unstable Connection?
To check for a stable internet connection on a PS4 you can follow these steps:
- Test Internet Connection: On your PS4 go to the Settings menu and select “Network.” Then choose “Test Internet Connection.” This will check the speed and stability of your internet connection.
- Check Network Cables: Ensure that all network cables are securely connected to your PS4 and router.
If using a wireless connection make sure your PS4 is within range of the Wi-Fi signal.
- Restart Router: Sometimes network issues can be resolved by simply restarting your router.
Unplug the power cable from your router wait for a few seconds and then plug it back in.
- Reduce Interference: If you’re using a wireless connection try to minimize interference from other devices.
Keep your PS4 away from other electronic devices that may cause signal interference such as cordless phones or microwave ovens.
- Check Network Settings: Verify that your PS4 is connected to the correct network and that the network settings are properly configured.
You can access these settings in the Network menu under Settings.
Despite having an unstable connection the WC-36547-5 error on a PS4 is not related to network issues.
This error typically occurs when trying to register a credit card that is already associated with your account.
It is not directly related to the stability of your internet connection.
To resolve this error you should focus on updating or renewing your credit card information.
If you continue to experience network-related issues it is recommended to contact PlayStation support for further assistance.