Minecraft a game of creativity and survival offers a unique feature where players can breed villagers. This process is not only fun but also beneficial as it increases the population of your village leading to more trades and interactions.
To breed villagers in Minecraft Xbox One you need to have at least two villagers and offer them enough food (3 bread 12 carrots 12 potatoes or 12 beetroots). Make sure they have enough beds and the village has valid doors. Once these conditions are met the villagers will enter the ‘willing’ mode and can breed if they are close enough.
Can Chat Features in Minecraft Xbox One Help with Villager Breeding?
Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide on how to breed villagers in Minecraft Xbox One:
- Find Two Villagers: You need at least two villagers to start breeding. They can be any type as long as they are not children.
- Provide Enough Food: Each villager needs at least 3 bread 12 carrots 12 potatoes or 12 beetroots in their inventory. You can throw these food items near them and they will pick them up.
- Ensure Enough Beds: There should be enough beds for the current population plus one extra for the baby villager.
- Valid Doors: The village should have valid doors. A valid door is any door within the village radius where the number of “outside” spaces within 5 blocks in a straight line on one side of the door is not the same as the number of “inside” spaces within 5 blocks on the other side of the door.
- Enter ‘Willing’ Mode: Once the villagers have enough food and there are enough beds and doors they will enter ‘willing’ mode.
- Breed: If two villagers are in ‘willing’ mode and they can see each other they will breed and produce a baby villager.
|Find Two Villagers
|Any type (not children)
|Provide Enough Food
|3 bread or 12 carrots/potatoes/beetroots
|Ensure Enough Beds
|Current population + 1
|Within village radius
|Enter ‘Willing’ Mode
|Sufficient food beds doors
|Two villagers in ‘willing’ mode
While the above method is the most common way to breed villagers in Minecraft Xbox One there are alternative methods that players can use:
Potion of Weakness and Golden Apple:
If you don’t have two villagers you can cure a zombie villager using a Potion of Weakness and a Golden Apple. Once cured the zombie villager will become a regular villager and can be used for breeding.
Another method is to kidnap villagers from another village and bring them to your own village. This can be done using a boat or minecart.
- Why aren’t my villagers breeding?
- A: Your villagers might not be breeding because they don’t have enough food or there aren’t enough valid beds or doors in your village.
- Can all types of villagers breed?
- A: Yes all types of adult villagers can breed. The type of their profession does not affect their ability to breed.
- How long does it take for baby villagers to grow up?
- A: It takes about 20 minutes for a baby villager to grow up into an adult.
- Can I choose what profession my baby villager will have?
- A: No you cannot choose what profession your baby villager will have. Their profession is determined by the availability of job site blocks within the village.
- Can I breed villagers in any version of Minecraft?
- A: Yes you can breed villagers in all versions of Minecraft including Minecraft Xbox One.
In conclusion breeding villagers in Minecraft Xbox One is a simple process that requires at least two villagers sufficient food valid beds and doors and a ‘willing’ mode for the villagers. With this guide you should be able to increase your village population with ease.